1. What level of skier/hiker do I need to be?
- We advise our guests that Skoki Lodge is accessible by an intermediate level trail and is one of the best ski touring /snowshoe and hiking experiences in the Canadian Rockies.
2. Where can I rent cross-country skis or snow shoes?
- The Lake Louise Ski Resort's Rental Shop, located downstairs in the Lodge of Ten Peaks, has quality ski touring, and snowshoe rental equipment available. Be sure to ask for back-country skis with skins and not cross country skis.
3. What are avalanche conditions?
-Avalanche conditions can change frequently and unexpectedly. Information and updates be can be found at www.avalanche.ca
4. How long does it take to hike/cross country ski/snow shoe to Skoki Lodge?
- Depending on your ability, 3 – 5 hours
5. What is highest elevation along the trail?
- The steepest part of the trail is 2485metres/8200 feet
6. Is this a guided hike/cross country ski tour?
- No, you will not have a guide. Please make sure that you are fully acquainted with the directions provided to get to Skoki Lodge.
7. Can packs be delivered to Skoki Lodge?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to deliver packs to or from Skoki Lodge
8. Am I able to travel by horse to Skoki Lodge and can my horse spend the night?
- Timberline Tours Ltd in Lake Louise can provide horse rentals for riding in the National Parks. Please note that horses cannot stay overnight at Skoki Lodge.
9. Can I eat at Skoki Lodge if I am not staying there?
- We only provide meals for our overnight guests at Skoki Lodge, as it is a specialized product and we wish to give our guests the best possible experience during their stay.
10. Can I ride my mountain bike on the trails?
- Bikes are not allowed on the Skoki Trails…mountain biking is allowed on designated bike trails as specified by Parks Canada – see www.parkscanada,gc.ca for more information.
11. Can I fish in the lakes that are close to Skoki Lodge?
- A National Park Fishing permit is required before you can fish in the park. An annual or a single day permit can be purchased at park’s information centers, Hot Pools or campground kiosks. More information can be found at Parks Canada website www.parkscanada.gc.ca .
12. Am I able to camp in the Skoki Lodge area?
- Camping – Designated campsites are within hiking distance of Skoki Lodge – Parks Canada operates all campgrounds in Banff National Park. Campers must purchase a camping permit or register with Parks Canada – see www.parkscanada.gc.ca for more information.
13. What is the procedure if I miss the 9:30AM check in?
- During the summer months you will need to check in at guest services in the Lodge of The Ten Peaks next to Starbucks. After checking in you can park your vehicle in the Fish Creek Parking Lot and begin your hike to Skoki Lodge. The hike from the parking lot to the trailhead is an additional 3 KM/1.9 miles. During the winter months you will need to check in at guest services in the Whiskeyjack Lodge. You will be provided with a lift ticket which will enable you to ride up the gondola and then down load on Ptarmigan lift, bringing you out near the Skoki trailhead.
14. Is liquor available at Skoki Lodge?
- Yes, Skoki Lodge is a licensed facility, with a variety of fine wines and beer served in the Dining/Main lodge areas.
15. Will special meal requirements be a problem?
- At time of booking, please advise your booking agent of any allergies or special meal requirements. We will endeavour to meet your needs.
16. I am hiking with small children, are play pens/cribs available?
- At time of booking, please advise your booking agent so a playpen/crib can be made available to you. As we wish to provide a relaxing experience for our lodge guests, playpens/cribs are only permitted in Cabins.
17. Will you be putting other people in my room with me?
- No, once you have reserved a room/cabin, only the guests in your party are booked into that room – no other guests will be assigned
18. Are pets allowed at Skoki Lodge?
- Pets are not allowed.
19. Am I permitted to smoke at Skoki Lodge?
- Skoki Lodge and cabins are designated as non smoking areas.
20. Am I required to tip the staff?
- Gratuities are a welcomed reflection of the quality of services rendered.